Homemade Dog Biscuits
Have you always wanted to make your own dog treats? These dog biscuits can be easily made with ingredients from
your kitchen. They make for great treats for your dog and you can vary the ingredients depending on what you
It is important that you remember to avoid adding ingredients like chocolate in the food that are toxic to the dog.
Here are a few homemade dog biscuit recipes you can try out. Remember you can mix and match your ingredients to
end up with a completely different recipe.
Some dogs are sensitive to grains such as wheat and may not be able to handle treats made of wheat. You can
substitute the wheat flour for corn meal or crushed oats.
Peanut butter crunches
- 1.5 c whole wheat flour
- ½ c peanut butter
- ½ c corn meal
- ¼ c oats (rolled oats)
- 1 c water (you can also use skim milk)
- 1 ½ T vegetable oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients together i.e. flour, corn meal, oats in a bowl and set aside. To make this
mixture more fine, you can mix the ingredients with an electric mixer or use a blender.
2. In a separate bowl mix peanut butter, oil and water and beat till they are mixed up well. To this
mixture add the dry ingredients, mixing after every addition to make a dough.
3. Using your hand knead this mixture so that you end up with a well formed dough.
4. You can then roll out the dough till it is about ¼ inch thick on a sheet of paper. You can then cut the
dough in form of some interesting shapes such as heart and bone shapes or just the conventional round, square and
5. Place these pieces in a waxed sheet of paper in an oven that had been preheated to 350 F for 20
6. Lay them on a wire rack to cool then store in an air tight container.
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- ½ c oats/ oat meal
- 1 cup minced meat (cooked)
- 2 c beef broth
- 3T vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 F
1. Mix flour and oat meal together in one bowl
2. In a separate bowl, mix the minced meat, broth and vegetable oil
3. Add flour to the mixture in 2 above mixing well, you may have to use your hands to knead till you form a
4. Roll out the dough till it’s about ¼ inch thick and cut pieces as you wish
5. Place them on a greased sheet of paper and bake for 20-25 minutes.
6. Set them on a Wire rack to cool then package them in an air tight container.
These biscuits should not be stored for long, if possible, the dog should consume them within 3 days of making
them because of they get spoilt fast due to the presence of meat.
Other ingredients you can use when making dog biscuits at home are cheese, tuna or sardines and eggs. For
overweight dogs or dogs that are losing weight, the use of
ingredients high in cholesterol such as eggs and peanut butter may not be such a good idea.
For the next 48 hours, this product is on special for 40% off. Make sure you get a copy for you and more
importantly for your dog, right away:
All the best to a long healthy life for your dog,